You’ve gone through a turnstiles dozens of times in your life without really thinking about it. Maybe you were entering a public transportations (MRT/LRT), cinema, concert stadium, airports, office buildings, and campuses. Have you ever stopped to think about why the turnstile is so important?
Turnstile is a form of gate which allows one person to pass at a time. It can also be made so as to enforce one-way traffic of people, and in addition, it can restrict unwanted/unauthorized guess in a premises.
Why is it so important?
- To provide a more secure access or entry control at specific areas within a building or establishments.
- To limit access to buildings to authorized personnel and help them to identify premises visitors.
- To help them determine who they need to keep a close eye on while inside the buildings.
- To keep track the number of people going in and out.
- To minimize the incidents of theft.
- It can work twenty-four (24) hours a day and seven (7) days a week. They don’t get tired so they don’t need to leave the post to take breaks.
In today’s world, when everything is more convenient and accessible due to advances in technology across almost all sectors. Making use of advancement of technologies improved a person’s business, especially in its security from the intruder’s threatening the safety of people and property.
One of our clients - Systems Plus College Foundation (Balibago, Angeles/Caloocan Branch) are recognizing the need for a better security to improve their physical security of their buildings and facilities. Considering their security requirements our Sales Security and Technical Team agreed to a solution of installing vertical turnstile to their premises.
A turnstile won’t stop everything bad from happening. But in thousands of little ways, turnstiles do prevent potential incidents from happening to students every day. And they do it in ways we may never have considered.
“Campuses must have start locking down in order to protect their most important assets – students”
Choosing the right turnstile requires consideration of different factors, including whether it is for indoor or outdoor use, the desired level of security, budget, and features needed and aesthetic preferences.